Destroy The Icon: Some Different Iterations

 After and while watching this week's lectures, I played around with my Marilyn image and created a couple copies.

 


For this first image I masked out the background to isolate Marilyn.  Then I found an image of white doves, created a pattern from them and added them in front of and behind Marilyn.  After that, I found an image of sky with clouds and added that as a background.  I changed up the color from blue to pink.


For this image, I used a blending mode to emphasize Marilyn.  Then I found two images, one of a galaxy and one of a starry sky and added them to the image, using masking to confine them to Marilyn.

It has been fun to play around with the settings of Photoshop without a lot of pressure!



Comments

  1. Sylvia,
    these are beautiful! I'm loving the version of Marilyn with the doves. The transition of dark to light pinks in the sky is lovely; it really adds a lot of depth. I think the doves pair so nicely with her flowy white dress. The use of organic white shapes is very cohesive and creates unity. Personally, I love pink, but I'm also curios about how it would look with a blue sky. The second image definitely rings galaxy vibes. I like that you kept the background to a minimum. This way, we're able to focus on Marilyn without it being too busy. The contrast of the black in her dress with the vibrant purples is captivating. You've done a really nice job and it looks like you're having a lot of fun with it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project 4: New Idea!