Project 4: New Idea!

 After having some time to think about the assignment and what might be both a fun and creative project, I think I have found my idea!  I intend to make a small spiral-bound book, bound so that the pages can go 360 degrees around.  The book will have 24 pages, one for each hour of the day.  There will be no set start or end to the book, it will be a day cycle so you could open at any page and go through it.  For each hour (page) I'm thinking it will be a self portrait of sorts of how I'm feeling in that hour.  I'll take a few self portrait photos of the hour and paste them together collage-style.  For the backgrounds I would like to use abstract color to represent the feel of the hour.

I hope that made even a little sense!



Comments

  1. I think this idea is really cool! I am a bit curious how you will tackle certain hours like the hours where you may be asleep. Would you explore this project as though you were awake for the full 24 hours or would that time of sleep be more of a series of duplicates or a break within the book? I do really love the 360 round book idea. It makes perfect sense for the continuous cycle of hours from day to day. Overall, I can't wait to see how your work evolves for this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Books are a wonderful way to represent a sequence; especially for a sequential narrative. I love that the background will be meaningful/symbolic, as well as the composition of the book. Will you be making your own paper?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy how intricate this idea is, and also how it portray this central idea of time passing. Thinking of how many emotions I feel in a day, and I'm sure many others also feel, I'm excited to see how you might capture these nuances of human feeling and emotionality.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog