Cyclical Nature: More Iterations!

 I used imagery of plants, Mayan calendars, stars, the Egyptian Goddess Isis, who is the goddess of life, and a lot of repetitive circular shapes in these first iterations.  This was my first time using the photos I had taken specifically for the project, and I'm very happy with the results.

By the end of these iterations I had a ton of layers, making it very difficult to work and signifying that maybe I should move on to a new batch of iterations.






In another batch of iterations I went for a wackier/sillier approach on a "time goddess".  This bunch of images still incorporates my original images of flowers and a body along with clocks, stars and galaxies, and in addition a pair of butterfly wings.






Comments

  1. All of these images are incredibly fun and interesting, however I wonder if there is a better way to actually show/display the cycle of time rather than represent it in the being of a time goddess. Otherwise; good symbolism and a healthy variety of iterations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the second image which appears to include a subtle calendar in the background. I think that is a really interesting way to display time in a more subtle way and I think it certainly ties in the goddess idea. I think it would be interesting to explore composition a bit more. Most of your images have a similar center. placement for the main figure and I think it could be interesting to explore other layouts for the time goddess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really loved looking at your images! The second set is my favorite. I think using circles and images that are circular is very helpful for your idea and the idea of time with the image of the goddess is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved seeing your process and thoughts behind what brought you to these iterations. The integration of circles in these help to push your concept forward, and I'm excited to see how these will continue to develop.

    -Elena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sylvia, I'm loving seeing your process and work grow! Each image you have used ties very well into your concept without being too much. Hard to pick a favorite, but I think the second to last one in the second batch is really successful. Having some empty space in the bottom somehow adds an intriguing, mysterious element for me. I also really like the wings in the first batch, the color and shape of them really complement your overall composition. Excited to see them continue!
    - Julia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Project 4: New Idea!